Westwood Christian School began in 1965 under the leadership of Pastor Ewell Johnson. At that time, Westwood Christian School was only a kindergarten program for four and five year olds. Since then, Westwood has worked hard and expanded to include all grade levels from preschool through 12th grade! Westwood Christian School recently celebrated its 50th year of ministry!
Westwood Christian School's mission is to prepare students through innovative, engaging curriculum, enriching spiritual worship, and extra-curricular activities to impact the world through a life of service to God.
Westwood Christian School is committed to the education of all students by providing a biblically-based curriculum in a Christ-centered environment with the purpose of fulfilling God's plan.
- God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things, and the Source of truth.
- This truth is revealed in the Bible and personified in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- Education is a Christ-centered, Biblically-integrated process of developing the students spiritually, academically, socially, and physically.
- The ultimate aim of life is conformity to Christ.
- God has given unique abilities to each student. It is the teacher's responsibility to challenge and teach each student according to his ability and academic level.
Westwood Christian School holds full accreditation from the Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation (FCCPSA), which is a state approved umbrella organization. Membership enables WCS to be exempt from licensure by the Department of Children and Families.